His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it – John 2 vs 5
And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord – Luke 1 vs 45
The hand of God fulfills His plan but it takes faith to move His hand, as shown to us in Isaiah 53:1. Faith is very crucial in our work with God, and is as powerful a force as love (1st Corinthians 2:9). Although Kingdom activities are love-motivated, it takes faith for those activities to yield results. So we can say that love is a motivator, while faith is the activator. Man is a spirit that has a soul, and lives in a body. For your body to be kept alive you need a constant supply of oxygen. The same way, your spirit needs a continuous supply of faith, to be kept alive. So faith is to the spirit, what oxygen is to the body (Galatians 3:11, Hebrews 10:38).
What is Faith?
Paul, in Hebrews 11:1 defines faith as the substance of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen. In verse 5, it is seen as that which translates from mortality to immortality because by it, Enoch did not see death.
Faith brings humanity to the class of divinity. In Matthew 19:26, Jesus says all thing are possible with God and in Mark 9:23, He says the same about anyone who believes – that is, anyone who has faith in God. In mathematics, if A equals B and B equals C then you can conclude that A equals C. So if God’s environment is the environment of possibilities and faith’s environment is also the environment of possibilities therefore it means that faith’s environment is God’s environment. So faith can make you operate in the class of God.
Faith is partnering with the invisible in order to do the impossible because no one can dare any impossible in the energy of the flesh.
Bishop David Oyedepo defines faith as the living force from the living Word to produce living proofs. He also said that faith is obeying God to prove that you believe Him, in order to obtain your desired results. Bishop David Abioye explains it further as, believing God in order to become God. So it is not just to believe God but to behave like Him. Bishop Benson Idahosa defined faith as faking it until it becomes real. A man had no sperm count, while the wife had dead ovaries. Despite these reports, they bought children’s things and every morning she washes the clothes as if the children put dirt on them. She was faking it and as she continued to do so, the image of a child was formed in her heart and it tranlated to a real baby in the physical (James 1:6). So faith is to fake it, irrespective of the report around you, until it becomes real.
Prophecies are the unveiling of God’s plan and purpose for an individual or a people (Deuteronomy 18:20-21, Jeremiah 1:5). It is the summation of your pre-destination, a Word already gone ahead of you, to clear the way for you. Prophecies went ahead before the coming of Jesus, showing that they herald the future.
Prophecy is the blueprint of your footprint or a design of your life, just as in engineering, where a design comes before the structure. Prophecies help us to properly identify the battles to fight in, as Paul admonished Timothy in 1st Timothy 1:18.
Source of Prophecy
The bible is the source of all prophecies. It is not just a documentary of activities of holy men who once lived on earth but also a book of prophetic arrows. It contains testimonies of Jesus which make up the spirit of phophecy. The bible is the surest form of prophecy, so get connected to the spirit behind the letters so that it can produce. Do not just read the Word of God, get to the point that you hear from Him yourself. There are two things; you read God’s Word and hear God’s Word. Many read, while few hear. Every scripture, is inspired by God, according to 1st Timothy 3:15. So if it is not producing in your life or if you do not hear from God, it is not because He does not speak, but because you do not hear.
How to locate heavenly treasures from the word
- Be Meek – Psalm 119:18,130, 2nd Corinthians 3:18
Open face and open eyes are products of open hearts of simplicity and meekness which unfortunately, many in the body of Christ today, do no have.
- Have Personal Encounters: The encounters you have make your life count and life is a product of your count.
- Connect to God-Ordained Prophets: Today, there are many people who are so empty. We need prophetic covering over our lives because:
- Your prosperity and profiting in life is tied to the prophet of God over you. 2nd Chronicles 20:20 says, “Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper (Ezra 6:14).
- There can be no advancement in life without a prophet (2nd Thessalonians 1:7 Isaiah 53:1).
How Powerful are Prophecies?
Prophecies are powerful because they come from God and when God speaks, he does so,
- according to His Mighty Power (Revelation 19:11). Everytime God speaks, He does so based on His Almighty power. When God spoke to Mary concerning the conception of baby Jesus, she had reasons why it was not going to be possible but the angel of God told her impossibilities become possible. Every time God’s power comes on the scene, impossibilities are tuned to possibilities.
- according to His creative wisdom. David understood this and declared thus in Psalm 104:24, “O Lord, how manifold are they works! In wisdom hast thou made them all…” (Matthew 17:24-27, John 21:5-6).
How Does Faith Facilitate Fulfillment of Prophecies?
Faith is a test that must be passed to see any prophecy come to pass and that is why patience is required. It may not be visible in the beginning but with time it will materialize (Numbers 13:26-32).
Challenge any negative thing by faith because succumbing to them does not only endanger us but also subjects our generation to slavery (Numbers 14:28-29).
- Treasure prophetic words: Prophetic words are meant to be treasured for them to come to pass because the sense of value determines the flow of virtue. The value you place on a prophecy determines what you get out of it. If Peter had cast his net into the river on his own without Jesus’ instruction, he would have caught nothing In Numbers 13:14 and 24-46, two out of the twelve spies placed a sense of value on and believed in the prophecy and as a result, it came to pass for them, while the rest were destroyed.
- Engage faith-filled thoughts: According to Mike Murdoch, “your life goes in the direction of your dominant thought.” This means that, you are likely to become the thing you always think about. The bible makes us understand that God has respect for our thoughts. Your prayer is as powerful as your thought (Ephesians 3:20) and they have the same weight before God, as He Himself acknowledged in Genesis 11:6.
- Engage faith-driven actions: If faith is taking steps to prove that you believe then, those steps must be taken for faith to produce. There is perhaps, no verse of scripture that makes this more comprehensible than James 2:20.
- Be assured of the end: Always see the end in view. No matter what the situation is, believe you will come out of it more colourful. Knowing and believing in the end of any matter from scriptural truths make us more relaxed and less tensed.